Child Care Aware of Minnesota (CCAM)
Formerly called Child Care Resource & Referral (CCR&R)
This program offers support and resources to parents, child care providers, and community members on all aspects of child caring. Services are available state-wide and locally.
Services available to parents and/or guardians:
- Support in locating, choosing and maintaining quality child care for your children that best fits your needs.
- Information about licensing regulations and care policies.
- Information about special child caring services including crisis nursery, social services programs, and care for children with special needs.
- Training and educational opportunities for child development and care issues.
- Support with parent/provider communication.
- Information regarding current trends in child care and health practices.
Services available to individuals providing care:
- Offer support and resources about care-giving options including center care, school-age care, licensed family child care, family friend, and neighbor care.
- Provide information regarding professional development, career development, and continuing education.
- Equipment lending – Interactive learning kits for multicultural awareness, diversity, special needs, violence prevention, and children’s grief and loss support. Double strollers are available.
- Information regarding financial resources and grants.
- Information and support in the areas of quality improvement initiatives, child development, environmental issues, contracts and policies, networking opportunities, and parent provider relationships.
Who do I contact for more information?
For more information or questions you may call the Scott Carver Dakota CAP Agency Child Care Aware of Minnesota at (952) 402–9824.
Metro wide CCAM at (651) 641 – 0332 or visit www.childcareawaremn.org